The ASR will combine robust knowledge and a multidisciplinary approach to offer advanced thinking on energy regulation and policy in Africa and worldwide.
The ASR will carry out applied research with the purpose of developing economically, legally, and socially-sound regulation and policy focused on achieving speed and scale with regards to:
The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 7: “Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all”
The Agenda 2063 of the African Union
- “A prosperous Africa, based on inclusive growth and sustainable development”
- “Capable institutions and transformative leadership in place”
- “An Africa of Good Governance, Democracy, Respect for Human Rights, Justice and the Rule of Law”
- “Africa as a major partner in global affairs and peaceful co-existence”
- “An Africa as A Strong, United, Resilient and Influential Global Player and Partner”.